Friday, February 4, 2011

By way of introduction

For nearly two years I have been accumulating my thoughts about Egypt and its history in connection with my own experiences of living there. Given the recent events in Egypt, it seemed there was no better time to collect those thoughts and make them available to a wider readership. They are posted here in reverse-chronological order, with some notes of introduction, where I felt some context was needed.


Some of the posts are grouped into collections of sorts--the "Cairo Diary" explores my thoughts on living in Egypt today, while "Lessons from Egypt" are more cohesive essays that look back on my time in Egypt during the fall of 2009. The "Maadi Messenger" posts are historical essays I have written specifically on the history of Ma'adi, that were also published in a monthly magazine in Cairo. Hopefully the variation in content keeps things interesting! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment